Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Makita Circular Saws

Perry (News) wrote:

I seem to be favouring the Makita 5704RK which I've managed to find
on-line for just under £84 inc delivery (or the 5703RK if I can find
it within budget), but thought that I'd just ask if there is any
reason to avoid these models or if there's something better out there
that I'm missing.

Most Makitas have a cast sole plate, which is very good - it helps the
rigidity and accuracy greatly. You may want to have a look to see if any
of the Hitachi ones fit your requirements as well. They I would say are
equal in quality.

--
Cheers,

John.