Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blocked toilet help

wrote:
On 16 Apr, 09:40, Stuart Noble
wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
spamlet wrote:

In my experience, caustic soda can be as difficult to dissolve once it
sticks together, as any other pipe blocking agent.

I think you probably mean washing soda. Caustic soda dissolves in a
flash on the merest contact with water.

It is clear you have never done this yourself, and don't have a clue.

He's right about it not dissolving quickly though. It will form a lump
if you just dump it in water

mine always dissolves in hot water very vigorously. I'll say no more

So does mine.

I think its the case that people are talking about washing soda, not
caustic.

NT