Posted to alt.home.repair
sym sym is offline

Default neutral downsizing for dryer and range --where in the NEC?

On Apr 9, 9:54 pm, wrote:
Hi, I wondered if I can downsize the neutral conductor required for
dryers and ranges. I'm running the wiring in RMC (aka thick wall
metal conduit) which is acting as my equipment grounding conductor. I
understand I have to run a neutral for these circuits because they use
both 240V and 120V. This is for a new house.

--zeb

not having my code book home with me i cant readily get the code but i
know here they do not allow downsizing of nuetrals anymore,but like
most codes it comes down to what your local jurisdiction requires.