Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Festool T55 Plunge Cut Saw Deal Breakers & a Neener

Toller wrote:

The T55 kit is only going to go up about $10 so I may go that
route in the future - or - fine tune the set up on the sliding
table of my Robland X-31.

I am toying with either getting a combination machine with a sliding table
or a T55 kit. I have to upgrade somehow but have little room to do it.
The T55 will certainly take less room. (It is also much cheaper, but that
isn't my prime consideration) It sounds like you think it is a better option
also?

A sliding table with a 52" cross cut fence takes up a LOT of space and
it
ain't fun climbing under it to get to the ON switch. The idea of a
folding
leg table with pull out ply sheet supports you can saw through without
having the table cut in two was appealing enough to plonk out $320. Will
be nice to not have to worry about the cut off falling - on my foot.
Have
a kitchen worth of ply cabinets to make in the next few months. Baltic
birch ply comes in 5x5 sheets so it won't be quite as cumbersome as
4x8 sheets.

charlie b