Posted to rec.woodworking
Stoutman Stoutman is offline

Default So, do I need to adjust my trunnions?

"VeryLargeCorp" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, folks,
All of a sudden my Grizzly tablesaw is all out of alignment. I've done
my best to measure the squareness of the blade to the miter slot in
the table and it seems to be WAY off--like almost 1/4 difference at
the front of the blade and the back.

I've never had to do this adjustment before, so everything I know
about it is what I've read here. The thing is, mostly people seem to
be talking about TINY adjustments, in the thousandths of an inch.

If I'm this far out of square, am I still looking at loosening the
trunnions and whacking with a hammer? Or is there something else going
on?

Thanks for any advice!

DS

How are you checking for alignment? If you are checking for alignment
parallel with the miter slot, make sure you use the SAME spot on the blade
for the front and back measurement. This could have a BIG effect. Mark
the blade with a sharpie and take a measurement in the front then spin the
blade positioning the sharpie spot in the back and remeasure.

What are you using to make these measurements?

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com