Posted to rec.woodworking
Will Will is offline

Default So, do I need to adjust my trunnions?

"VeryLargeCorp" wrote in message
oups.com...
You're right, I should have said it's a contractor saw (Grizzly
G044). I'll definitely check the arbor, but I haven't been aware of
any slop. I have time this afternoon to give it a good once-over. I'm
hoping it's something obvious that I can find...

ds

I have the G0444Z too and I had the same problem 1/4" off after using a
while. I fixed it by adjusting the trunions to bring it in. I put a dial
gauge on mine and got it in to 2000th off. I heard that was good enough. I
had to put a large clamp on my rear trunion to move it and then I tightened
the bolts down before removing the clamp. I been toying with the idea of
removing the rear trunion and elongating the holes so that I can bring it in
even closer. Do any of you think this is a good idea before I do it?
If I had it to do all over again no matter what brand of saw, I think that
after one puts a saw together it would be a good idea to first check the
blade before using because the bolts and screws probably are not fully
tightened and before long come loose.