Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bomr@shaw.ca is offline

Default Ornamental concrete block

On Apr 15, 3:36 pm, "tonyjeffs" wrote:
Rod
Is that your site. I already read it recently. It's v helpful and I
would have no probem I think following your advice on creating rough
driveway. The big problem is how to deal with the two opposing sides
of my block...

Tony

I believe the method that you need to use is to apply a retardent gell
to the inside of the mold before you fill it. After the piece is de-
molded, the retardent will have left the surfaces uncured, and the
*integral* aggregate can be exposed by washing/brushing. This is the
method used to create exposed aggregate finishes on vertical surfaces
such as retaining walls. I have never done this, and as you know from
reading my web site, I am no expert, just a homeowner do-it-
yourselfer. A company (N.American) that supplies this stuff sent me a
link to their web sight. I don't know anything about them, or have any
connection to them whatsoever.
http://www.exposedaggregateconcrete.com/retarder.htm
Hope this helps.
--- rod.