Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default psi on carpet / flooring

"Jack S" wrote:

I've got a large TV that weighs 160 pounds. The table I'm using for it has 4
legs, each about 1 sqr inch of area.

So, these legs will each have 40 psi on them. Any easy methods decreasing
this psi?

I already have rubber coasters under the legs, has anybody come up with a
better way of spreading the pressure?

Well, it's not rocket science, is it? I assume you are trying to prevent the
carpet from crushing too much? 40 psi is well within the bearing capability of
most construction. Consider the weight on a woman's high heels...

You can put the table on a couple of 1x4 boards, or lay a sheet of plywood down,
or get a different stand...