Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Split Neutral Wiring

In article , deke wrote:

I regularly install new switches and receptacles with the power on.

There's a saying that there are old electricians, and there are bold
electricians... but there are no old, bold electricians.

I touch the black (hot) and white (neutral) wire regularly with the
power on, just not at the same time. It is much faster and you
don't have to reset any clocks.

That's just foolish.

If you are slightly cautious, there is absolutely no way you are
going to get hurt.

Make sure your life insurance is paid up.

--
Regards,