Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default X10 Question

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:23:41 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

I believe there were some X10 devices which could be polled
for their state, so a computerized controller could indicate it.

It you use those, you're likely to have problems with collisions. X10
protocol has very poor collision detection and retransmission.

OP - a temp sensor on the water pipe could activate an LED.

comp.home.automation better covers his kind of topic.

Bob

"EXT" wrote in message
tanews.com...
X-10 is not a two way communications. The sender sends the signal to turn
on, but does not know if it actually turned on. Possibly you need a relay
on the pump to send a low voltage signal back to a LED in an appropriate
location to actually show what is happening.

"Brian Staff" wrote in message
OK - I understand. That would satisfy my needs.

I already have some remote X10 devices, so I guess I'm looking for a new
X10 compatible control device which has LEDs...anybody?

--
Brian
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Don't know about x10, but Leviton's line of line carriers has an LED
which shows that the "on" signal has been sent. It doesn't however prove
that the receiver is functioning

"Brian Staff" wrote in message
I apologize if this is not the correct forum, but I have a question on
X10. Is it possible for an X10 "control box" to show (say, with an LED
maybe) whether a remote device is on/off?

I would like to control my water heater re-circulating pump (or garage
drive-way lights) - devices I cannot normally see from inside the
house.

I'm sure someone will just say "switch it on/off - then you will
know" - but the notification on the re-circulating pump is useful to
know whether it has been on or off, because it takes a few minutes for
the water to get to the shower.

Will "Insteon" solve my problem? or anything else?

Thanks for any suggestions.

--
Brian

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams