Posted to alt.home.repair
diablo diablo is offline

Default Mound Septic System Cost

I realize that there could be a lot of variables in what the cost would be
of having a mound septic system installed. But I'd like to ask for some
generalizations if I may to gain some information.

I have a three bedroom house on a 3/4 acre lot, the ground is flat and
filled with clay so the builder installed leach system doesn't work well due
to lack of the ability of the soil to absorb the water. The house is about
30 years old.

I'd like to ask those who have either installed or had installed a mound
system what I could expect an approximate cost to be? Also what could I do
to help reduce the costs? I'm capable of trenching, running PVC etc.

Also is there a better alternative than a mound system?

Thanks,
Brian