The Natural Philosopher

Default OT: Speed cameras

S Viemeister wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

It might be for some but it's an argument I've never understood.

What amazes me about those who feel that they are safer without belts
(because THEY are driving safely) is that they forget that there are others
out there who may not be driving safely, and can ram into them or otherwise
cause an accident.

Sheila

Precisely.

If you REALLY want to feel insecure, the obvious example is to ride a
motorcycle. Arguably motortcyclists are amomngst the bets drivers there
are - they have to be. The death rate is still higher tho.

Personally, I would willingly trade the additional paranoia of not
having a belt, ffor self induced paranoia, and the knowledge that if te
worst DOES come to the worst, I personally meay be able to walk shakily
away from a twisted lump of metal.