The Natural Philosopher

Default OT: Speed cameras

Mary Fisher wrote:

Everyone behaves the same.

???

There's plenty of good drivers out
there who wear a belt, and also watch out for pedestrians and other
vulnerable road users.

Indeed. And if they aren't wearing one, they are even more cautious. It's
innate.

It might be for some but it's an argument I've never understood.

And I'm not convinced by statistics, even those which show that women are
safer drivers than men!

Indeed. Possibly its related to teh fact that they are statistically
more likley to do short hops, not under quite so much time pressure, and
the damage they do in the supermarket car parks never gets into the
statistics :-)

Anecdotally women can be as good as men in driving. They just aren't
often interested in being good. Men try harder, but that often makes
them worse...*shrug* its a funny old world.

Mary