Lennie the Lurker

Default Drill press question

Unisaw A100 wrote in message . ..
Gary Coffman wrote:
Delta is made in China these days.

Actually "most" are not made in the USA. In particular the
20" & 17" Production Drill Presses are still USA made.
You'll have to go through the full line catalog to determine
exactly which models are or aren't.

Until you get into the so called production drill presses, there are
none made in the US today. Spindle locks are a thing of the past,
found mostly on older US made units, seems to be ignored on imports.
Standard stroke for a floor model used to be 5", now it's 3". Sorry
part is that what is now called "production" used to be about middle
of the line workshop stuff. (Which makes me like my Crapsman
[King-Seely] all the more. You won't find that quality at Wally's
little chinese and slave markets.)