Posted to alt.home.repair
AKA Gray Asphalt AKA Gray Asphalt is offline

Default Washing machine ...

"Berkshire Bill" wrote in message

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message

"AE Todd" wrote in message
ups.com...
The answer is no, and I'll tell you why. A technician's job is to
repair machines that are broken, not to do cleaning, especially with a
periodic checkover, the scope of which never includes cleaning. If
the outer tub was so dirty, the technician should have given you an
estimate to replace it. So, if you feel that you didn't receive value
for the amount you paid, you should just ask for your money back. Is
the debris impacting the performance of your machine? Most washers
have some sort of buildup somewhere that doesn't impact performance.
If your answer is no, then why be concerned?

Maybe your biggest problem is that you listened too much to the person
who set up that service order for you, and really should have asked
the opinion of the tech himself when he was there working on his
dryer. If you said "do you think that this is money well spent and
that it offers good value?" he would have answered "no, save your
money, it achieves very little and your washer will work no better."
But since you didn't ask the question, he didn't volunteer the
answer. That isn't his job either.

I wonder if the outer drum or whatever it is can be cleaned at all. I
guess it could be sprayed out. I'm getting some pretty bad odors from cat
urine. I was thinking about buying another washer and putting this one
out the garage for pee rags. I don't want to waste hundreds of dollars
but the rags seem to stink up the washer even if I rinse them really good
in the sink first. The rags cost about 25 cents.

Have you thought about having the local laundromat do the rags for you or
do it yourself there as long as the attendant knows what you are doing ?

Bill

Yes, but I can't do that to other people. too gross.