Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Weeds on tarmac

On 14 Apr 2007 16:03:51 -0700, Eddy Young
wrote:

In article , Huge says...

Yes.

Most of the big name DG firms are the same. Pressure selling, "drop" discounts
(sign now and get another 10%), grotesque over-pricing, useless installers
and a very average product.

Buy your DG from a small, local, privately owned firm recommended by
your neighbours.

Aha!

I also noticed that the classifieds in local papers seem to not be screened at
all, as many of the tradesmen listed in there do not inspire trust. Same in your
areas?

'Screened' by whom?

'Classifieds' are adverts, and are obviously submitted by the trader,
however good or bad (s)he is.

I observed some work being carried out by a local, private tradesman
for my next-door neighbour recently, and was very impressed by the
apparent quality of the work. If I wanted similar sort of work to be
carried out, I would ask my NDN for his opinion of the commercial as
well as the technical standard. In fact, NDN has told me that he seems
very happy with the work carried out.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland