Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Sealing old lead pipe

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:03:03 UTC, "Simon" wrote:

I'm going to cut short a piece of lead pipe that's used for mains
cold. I need to cap the end of the lead (it's a branch off the main
pipe and not used) and tried the "folding over and flattening"
technique, which looked like it worked, but a few hours afterwards it
weeps a little.

I was thinking of heating up a piece of metal to act as a soldering
iron and using that to melt the end of the lead pipe. thus sealing it.

If that doesn't work, join it to a small piece of copper tube and cap
that off....I had to do something like that years ago...

http://www.diybanter.com