Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Default laying marble flloor tile

In article , sjwNOSPAMatripnet.com
says...

Hello, i am about to start a floor tile project and was considering using
marble tile. I have done a few ceramic jobs in the past and was wondering if
it is the same procedure. Do i need different thinset? Is staggering tiles a
nice effect or does it just mean more cuts?

I just did my bathroom with 12 x 12 marble tiles at 1/8" spacing. There is
special marble thinset. Most marble is set with very thin grout lines and
matching grout to achive a continuous look. Since the tiles also have no
beveled edges, lippage is a real concern. I found it helps to set several tiles
at once, 4 in a square works good to start, so you can level across all of them
at one time.

If this is for a bathroom consider a heated floor system, I used Sun Touch from
Lowes and really love the gentle warmth on my feet.

--
Dennis