Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.electrical.compliance,alt.radio.satellite
Radio Matthew Radio Matthew is offline

Default Bathtub wall tiles peeling...

On 4/14/07 10:59 AM, in article GD8Uh.2552$h8.1037@trnddc06, "James Sweet"
wrote:

I guess the previous owner had an old bathtub/tiles sprayed with some
kind of white enamel paint or something because some of the edges of the
tiles that are hit by water constantly are starting to peel/crack off
exposing the original ugly tile underneath.

I bought "porc-a-fix" at home depot and was going to give that a try to
prevent water from getting into the tiles and peeling it inside out, but
is there a more common way to touch-up the tiles treated with such an
overcoat? Are there spray-on glossy white enamel paints I should use
instead?

Any tips/suggestions much appreciated!

I'd remove the tiles and start over, it's not much harder and the result
should be a lot nicer. Another option is a fiberglass shower stall, you
can get them now that are made of a floor pan and several interlocking
wall panels. One piece units are available as well but much harder to
fit into existing structures. I had to open a wall to get one in.

Hello from alt.radio.satellite!

Not sure why bathtub tiles are a post in our newsgroup, but hey...

---
View my blog: radiomatthew.com
Stream 24 internet radio: radiomatthew.com/stream24