Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Cross-cutting a 50 degree angle

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:24:07 -0400, "Lee Gordon"
wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if you want to cut a 50 degree angle
on the end of a 2x4, just set your miter gauge to 40 degrees and put the
board in upside down, make the cut, flip the board back over, and -- Bob's
your uncle -- there's your 50 degree cut.

I think you're absolutely right!

I always remember my wedges, 'cause my blade only tilts one way. If
the blade will remain 90 degrees to the table, there's no need for the
wedge!

At least somebody around here can see the forest through the trees...