Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ornamental concrete block

On 14 Apr, 14:23, "tonyjeffs" wrote:

I want to make some exposed aggregate finished concrete blocks to
repair an existing garden wall. They're about 9"x8"x8", tapered
slightly so that they interlock each other a bit like lego.

Is there a book I can buy, or a website that explains a good step by
step procedure?

I've had some success by trial and error, but I'm not getting it quite
right.
I've made formwork out of wood
I'm using a mix 2 sand 2 cement 4 gravel,
Once its in the mould, I screw a lid on, turn the mold on its side,
take off the side and pour extra gravel on the face. Ditto the other
side.
I can get it almost right, but parts will be pitted where the
additional gravel has been too thick.

Here's a pic of an originalhttp://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.jeffs/block.jpg
(this may stop working as I'm changing isp)

tony

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...oncrete_Blocks
explains why that mix isnt recommended. Cant answer your q though.

NT