Ed Huntress

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
news
A city wide blackout at Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:11:06 GMT did not prevent

"Ed
Huntress" from posting to

rec.crafts.metalworking
the following:

Sounds like a plan. Cut and run, it is too much trouble to stay here.

So what's your plan, to load up and go looking for trouble, so you can

shoot
somebody?

Nope. Just realizing that I can't avoid all of the miscreants, not if I
want to go downtown. Seems the City Council doesn't want harm the

self-esteem
of said miscreants, so won't do anything which might be considered

provocative,
like enforcing the law.

You ought to move to a new town. You and Gunner seem to have picked the
biggest cesspools of the continent to live in.

But then, I have adopted your policy of avoiding the trouble areas. I
don't go downtown if I can help it, and never after five, not armed. I'm

not
planning to shoot it out, I just know that the city doesn't know how to

deal
with miscreants other than abandoning downtown to them after dark. As

soon as
I can, I'm leaving the state. No sense staying where it is so dangerous.

Sounds like a wise plan to me.

When I was active in my local NRA affiliate, involved with protests in my
state capitol, I knew quite a few such people. They were just itching to
"take back the streets." They made jokes about killing people. They were

the
real core of the modern NRA, the hard-liners who drive the politics.

Ah, here we have it. Those who aren't willing to compromise our

principles
are the "hard liners." and the cause of the problem.

It isn't about principles. They're just angry people, who want an excuse to
pull the trigger.

Your solution seems to be for the honest citizens to curtail their
activities rather than deal with the societal results of fifty years of

trying
to understand those intent on unprovoked violence against their fellow

beings.

No, my solution is to not go cruising for a gunfight.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)