Gunner

Default firearms - modern labor saving devices.

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:55:45 +0800, Old Nick
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:10:55 -0800, Jon Anderson
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Old Nick wrote:

Many people who have survived physical attacks of
some viciousness would be dead now if the punk had had a gun.

Many vicious punks would be dead now if their victims had been armed.

But the punk is far more likely to use the gun! Th DAH!.

In fact I would probably point the gun, get it taken off me by
the bad-ass martial arts freak, and be shot with it.

Then most assuredly, you have no business carrying one for self defense.
At least you are smart enough to recognize this. Indecisive citizens
getting shot with their own guns make bad press for the rest of us.

But if anyone can carry a gun, then we are advocating handing out more
and more guns, to both people who will shoot their own foot, and to
bad punks who would not have had one if guns were harder to get.

Guns make it easy to hurt and kill. The more guns, the more easy
hurtings and killings.

I seem to have heard the same arguments about horseless carriages and
airplanes, during my historical researches. Ive also heard the same
arguments about guns, when the now 42 Shall issue states liberalized
their laws. And those arguments turned out to be bogus. shrug.

Nick old boy..firearms have been around for a very long time. Even the
British were well armed with (evil) guns at one time. Then the Pols
decided that having the masses rise up in the British version of the
Bolshevik Revolution was a bad thing, and made sure the guns became a
Bad Thing for citizens to own. Need the cites? Id be happy to supply
them. Disgusting reading for the most part.

Nick..the British are again becoming well armed. Unlawfully and
largely by only the criminals. Seems there is some reason many cops in
the UK now wear bullet resistant vests, and there is a few fully
automatic weapons in various patrol cars. When packing a pistol was
relatively common in the UK, the Bobbies only needed their truncheons.

What happened? After all, the UK is now supposed to be a kinder,
gentler place to live.

Gunner

"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"