Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Split Neutral Wiring

On Apr 13, 6:36 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , (Chris Lewis) wrote:
If the neutral isn't broken between you and the panel, the _maximum_
ground-neutral voltage you'll see in the OP's scenario is a volt or two.

That depends entirely on how well you are (or aren't) grounded. Under normal
circumstances, there won't be enough current to do any damage. One sweaty hand
on a grounded junction box, and the other sweaty hand touching an active
neutral, though...

--
Regards,

I discovered a shared neutral in my old house by working in a box that
_should_ have been safe. Found the shared circuit is a yardlight on a
3 way switch in the back yard. I still haven't figured out how to
correct it without running new wires underground. They only used 12/2
WG for the wiring.

Harry K