Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Clark Jon Clark is offline

Default Septic field leaking around the edge

Terralift - it saved my butt. Banned in some counties/states

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
My septic field appears to be somewhat clogged. Is there anything I
can do except replace it for $25K? The grass around the edge is
wonderful though, lol! Can I buy 2 tons of earth worms or something
like that to fix it?

We are careful with what we put down the system, and I had it pumped
last fall and the tank was totally alive and wriggling with what
looked like small worms, and the guy said it looked great. But still
the field is annoying me and I don't want my township to notice it
leaking. There are a few black streaks on the side which are visible
to the roadside if one looks carefully.

Maybe I can reseed the grass there carefully, and have it lush and
green to eat up all the leakage?