Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair

Default Exterior Painting: Divinding Line?

"Incubus" wrote in message
k...
Hi Folks,

I'm about to set about painting the exterior of my house. Its a end
terrace house with roughcast (

Whats the best way to get a straight dividing line between me and my
neighbour? I thought I could just use a small brush and take my time at
the edge but because of the roughcast it will no doubt not be perfect.

I thought I might just put a straight edge of something (probably wood) up
the wall and take a flat head screw driver down the edge to break of a
thin line of the stone and hence allow me to get a neater looking line.

Is there a professional solution to this?

Cheers,

John.

Like the other guy said, masking tape, but use the blue painter's tape. Use
a long level to make pencil marks, and then apply the tape. BUT....sometimes
what's level doesn't always look straight, relative to nearby lines of
reference. So, take the time to stand back and eyeball the tape line. You
might find that you want to VERY slightly slant the line.