Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] sofie@olypen.com is offline

Default Bridge rectifier replacement

Lenny:
We were and are having an interesting discussion and thread and no,
you are NOT wasting anyone's time.
Instead of trying to find ways to jury rig a substitute for a common
and readily available bridge rectifier you should have just procured
one and installed it and be done with it.... saying that, perhaps the
only person's time "wasted" was your own.
Until your later posting that revealed it was for a commercially
manufactured overhead projector being used in a school environment you
had everyone guessing about how the bridge was being used in the
circuit, in fact, you never revealed the circuit in any kind of detail
as it related to equipment, configuration, voltage, amps, etc... even
after several reply posts asked you for details about it.
As you know, none of us can read minds and no one has a working
crystal ball on the newsgroup so the more information an OP can give,
the better and more straight forward will be the answers.
The best answer for fixing the overhead projector is to replace the
bridge with an OEM part..... obviously other parts and configurations
will work, BUT if something goes wrong and the projector malfunctions
and causes smoke and fire damage... particuarly in a school
environment.... your LIABILITY will be much more exposed if you
DIDN'T use replacement parts that were used in the original
manufacture. Enough said.
Lenny, please feel free to start up more "interesting"
conversations... it sure beats the spammers and the trolls and their
filthy subject matter. Electronics discussions are much more
enjoyable than that crap.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

snipped:
On Apr 13, 4:55 pm, " wrote:
As far as wasting anyones time, if I was I appoligize.
I thought we were having an interesting discussion.
Lenny

-