Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Bridge rectifier replacement

"Sofie" wrote in message
Lenny:
Now that you have finally given us more information I would be inclined to
suggest that you replace the bridge with a "like and kind" exact OEM part
or
a possibly upgraded voltage and current version.
Since this is in a commercially designed overhead projector and used in a
school, you would be best advised NOT to CHANGE the original design or use
anything other than a "factory" part.
Bridges of this nature and rating are readily available so stop wasting
time
posting to the newsgroup and get online and order the proper part.... get
the proper and safe part that was originally installed.

The one word that comes to my mind is "liability".

Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

I absolutely agree, and already said exactly the same several posts above

Arfa