Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] captainvideo462002@yahoo.com is offline

Default Bridge rectifier replacement

On Apr 13, 6:06 pm, "Sofie" wrote:
Lenny:
Now that you have finally given us more information I would be inclined to
suggest that you replace the bridge with a "like and kind" exact OEM part or
a possibly upgraded voltage and current version.
Since this is in a commercially designed overhead projector and used in a
school, you would be best advised NOT to CHANGE the original design or use
anything other than a "factory" part.
Bridges of this nature and rating are readily available so stop wasting time
posting to the newsgroup and get online and order the proper part.... get
the proper and safe part that was originally installed.

The one word that comes to my mind is "liability".

Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
- - - - - - - -

wrote in message

ups.com...

I have to replace a KBPC602 bridge rectifier. It is rated 200VRMS at
6.0 A. It is wired into the circuit using only the + and - terminals.
The AC connections are not used. If I were to build a bridge out of
four 6.0 amp 100V diodes, would I be able to directly replace this
device? Does the circuit basically require a 12.0A 200V device?
Conversely if I were to place four 3.0 amp 200V diodes in parallel
would that arrangement work also? Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.- Hide quoted text -

I talked to a tech at Elmo this morning and asked about the use of the
bridge as opposed to using a large single diode. He said that the
engineers found that the DC when looked at with a scope from the
bridge was cleaner than the output of just a single diode. Does that
sound possible? As far as wasting anyones time, if I was I appoligize.
I thought we were having an interesting discussion. Lenny