Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson Colin Wilson is offline

Default OT ish. Key fob to head?

Been having a bit of trouble with the remote central locking on the medway
handyvan this week.
I suspect I need a new battery in the key because the range that it works at
is steadily getting smaller.
So, I've been using the 'hold the remote to your head' ploy - which to my
surprise actually works - it easily doubles the range of the remote.
How the hell does that work? It certainly isn't the power of my
brain.........

What make of vehicle was it again ? - I believe some Citroens (?) have
the alarm sensor built into the roof of the somewhere, so it could be
that holding it to your head just brings it closer :-}

Another "trick" i've heard of is to hold it near to your mobile phone
(I think you need to be calling out for this to work though) -
apparently in some circumstances this can even work "remotely", i.e.
if you've locked your keys in the car - phone the missus, and get her
to press the alarm key at _home_ near the mobile (!)