Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ish. Key fob to head?

Don Spumey wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Don Spumey wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Been having a bit of trouble with the remote central locking on the
medway handyvan this week.

I suspect I need a new battery in the key because the range that it
works at is steadily getting smaller.

So, I've been using the 'hold the remote to your head' ploy - which
to my surprise actually works - it easily doubles the range of the
remote.
How the hell does that work? It certainly isn't the power of my
brain.........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayleigh_fading ;-))

Well obviously I knew that :-)

Truth be told, I understood barely 10% of the article.

Could someone explain it in old money please?

O.K, try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rician_fading :-)

Getting better! I understood half of that one!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman