Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default OT ish. Key fob to head?

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Been having a bit of trouble with the remote central locking on the medway
handyvan this week.

I suspect I need a new battery in the key because the range that it works at
is steadily getting smaller.

So, I've been using the 'hold the remote to your head' ploy - which to my
surprise actually works - it easily doubles the range of the remote.

How the hell does that work? It certainly isn't the power of my
brain.........

It is a complete guess, but it may be that the signal pattern is
not symmetrical. If you point the fob, it tends to be end on to
the vehicle, whereas against your head it is probably sideways.
This may just give a stronger signal in that direction.

Maybe somebody has the kit and time to check this out, perhaps it
has already been done.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK