Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clearing vegetation on gravel driveway - anything more permanent than roundup?

On Apr 13, 10:38 am, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Apr 13, 1:47 am, "dean" wrote:

Is there a plant killer that will last for a whole year? Seems that
round up only lasts a month or two and then I have to do it all over
again!

Yikes!! Do the weeds bother you that much that you have to poison the
ground so often?? I just mow my weeds when they bother me. Do you
have a mower?

Driveways these days are often built with road building fabric. It's
like beefed up landscape fabric and seems to totally emlimate the weed
problem. Give it a try if you can.

There are products available at the home centers, garden center, etc,
that last up
to a year. Triox is one. You need to keep it out of the root zone of
any trees, shrubs
etc, which limits areas that it can be used in. But stone or
similar driveways are
exactly what they are made for.