Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©® Proctologically Violated©® is offline

Default Rotozip: goodgawd...

It was, in fact, ATP who stated he was a dry-waller, and that the
contractors he knows still use the keyhole saw.

And he wasn't condemning the rotozip per se, just providing some
perspective.
Something Steve B seems to have problems with.

I do have a Q, tho:

When you use the rotozip against an outlet box, doesn't the *tip* of the
cutter then need a bearing of sorts, to not scar the box up?
The tips I have will actually have the flutes on the side of the box.
Or mebbe scarring the box up is not such an issue.

I used it already, to cannibalize the1,824 cu in into a real tool case, by
cutting out the guts.
What a pita, but in fact the rotozip was, poetically in this case, the right
tool for the job!
Hard to control freehand, tho.

I think you made the observation that the 'zip shoves the dust inside.
Indeed, the long-helix cutter that came with it is a left-handed spiral, so
much of the dust does in fact go inside.

I don't know that I'll ever use it again, drywall notwithstanding.
It does, however, nicely fill the gap between a dremel and die grinder,
size-wise, so I can see using it for some grinding--5 A motor, iirc.

Mine has the two-speed switch, which is an interesting safety design--not
all that ergonometric, but a decent design from a safety pov--smack it down,
shuts off.
Hey, but how bout a trigger on a handle.... That's a novel idea.....
You can put this on a Variac or other single phase speed controller for more
Dremel-like rpm control.

Still, I object to it's misrepresentation, which is what my OP was all
about.
May have overstated a few things, but ****, heat of battle, donchaknow....
--
------

Absolutely Vote, but NOT for a Democrat or a Republican.
Ending Corruption in Congress is the *Single Best Way*
to Materially Improve Your Family's Life.
The Solution is so simple--and inexpensive!

all d'numbuhs

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
Sorry. Your comments about the rotozip just made you APPEAR like a
clueless newbie. Apparently you are a clueless experienced person.

You've apparently attributed someone else's post to me. I said the
rotozip style of hand router was a _good_ thing for drywalling. It's
easy, quick, does just what it was made for, and in the basic version,
it's inexpensive.

How is that "clueless"? Or is that just your description of anyone who
disagrees with you?

LLoyd