Posted to alt.home.repair
M.Paul M.Paul is offline

Default How difficult to instal a lawn watering system?

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 13, 6:20 am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have one area of around 100' x 100' that I'd like to start watering
automatically. How hard is it to put n those little popup mist
sprayers? Or is it a pro job? Do those things have pumps or work off
regular pressure? (BTW I have a well system, if that makes a
difference).

The hard part is trenching. Pick up some brochures and they will have a

lot
of information.
Rain works best for me. Why beat up the well pump just to cut the lawn

more
often? Or run the well dry?

You mean I should just make it rain when needed?

How deep are the trenches? I don't have a problem renting a trencher
for a day or two.

Definitely pick up some brochures. It's a job you can do yourself. The
sprinklers should work on just the water pressure, but you may need to break
up the watering into several "zones" - probably 3 or 4 zones for 100sf.
This is a calculation that you will need to make and it depends on the
sprinkler placement and the types of sprinklers used. Draw up a scale
diagram of your lawn complete with sprinkler locations, etc. Make sure that
each sprinkler's spray can reach adjacent sprinklers. Use sched 40 and bury
them 8-10" deep. I'm sure a google search will provide you with endless
lawn watering system design info.
Good luck,
M.Paul