Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default GFCI breakers for Al wiring

"Kristen Caldwell" who doesn't know **** about wiring wrote
wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 12, 8:23 am, "
wrote:
After searching high and low I'm coming to the conclusion that an
Aluminum compatible GFCI outlet does not exist.

So I want to install GFCI breakers on the associated circuits as an
alternative to fishing new wire.

How do I know if a GFCI breaker can be used on a circuit that is wired
aluminum?

GFCI breakers will still protect you if you stick a fork in a toaster
even with aluminum wire.

You should never connect a copper only rated device to aluminum wire because
it creates a serious fire hazzard. If you don't know that you shouldn't be
answering questions from people who obviously already know more than you.