Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default GFI plug

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:37:48 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 21:10:47 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

I just moved into a new house. I noticed in my powder room that there
is an outlet on the wall directly beside the sink. It does not appear
to be a GFI plug as it has no reset test buttons on it. Does an
outlet that close not have to be a GFI plug ?

This is the second initial post I've read today where sxomeone calls a
socket a plug.

People generally imitate each other without really thinking.

I've known that a plug is a MALE connector for a long time. I've heard
a lot of people say "plug" for the female things for just as long.

Wow. I wonder if they can manage to have children. My grandmother
had a 6 foot electric cord with plugs on both ends. I don't know why.
But she had three children so at least she knew that part.

Last November, I knew of a neighbor who made a male-male adapter
(short cord with plugs on both ends) for use with holiday lights.

BTW, at least one of his kids does play on the roof sometimes.

A plug has prongs or some male feature.

Some people do get their sex mixed up :-)
--
Mark Lloyd

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."