Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Improving a lawn

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible to just throw a bunch of grass seed onto an existing
lawn, one that is not worth starting again from scratch, but that
could use thickening up?

Would I have to throw some soil down on top? I need to be able to
continue cutting it every week. I have around 1/2 acre to do.

Just tossing the seed does little from my experience. You have to
scratch the surface a bit for best results. Go to the Scott's web
site.

Not to say that going to their web sight might not be a good idea as it
may, but remember that they are a commercial site and they are going to tend
to offer solutions that sell their product. In the case of Scott I have
noticed that in recent years they have gotten far worse at this. As I
recall the EPA has been after them for several years to clean up the mess
they have made at their Ohio headquarters.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit