Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Driveway replacement

On Apr 12, 11:04 pm, "MTW" wrote:
I need to have our concrete driveway replaced , and I'm clueless! One guy
says 4" of concrete with fiber (?) mixed and steel mesh. Another guy says 4
" and fiber mesh ("that's what we're doin' these days"). One of the few
articles on the web says go with 5" and steel. We're in N. Florida, so
freezing's not a problem. What's a standard for compressive strength? I've
seen - 3300-4000 advertised. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

i did this: simply telephone the local concrete mix supplier, the guys
with the big concrete trucks, and ask.
note the mix is varied for the climate, job, soil, base, and will
behave differently based on temp and humidity.
also ask them which driveway contractor pays his bills on time.
you might drop by the supplier office with a box of candy, donuts, and
a pizza, and find out even more.