Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Driveway replacement

"MTW" wrote:

I need to have our concrete driveway replaced , and I'm clueless! One guy
says 4" of concrete with fiber (?) mixed and steel mesh. Another guy says 4
" and fiber mesh ("that's what we're doin' these days"). One of the few
articles on the web says go with 5" and steel. We're in N. Florida, so
freezing's not a problem. What's a standard for compressive strength? I've
seen - 3300-4000 advertised. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

4", 2500 psi, with wire mesh around here is pretty standard for a similar
climate...