Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Replacement part for older TV

"tlhiv" ) writes:
Sofie,

Thanks for the reply. I have a universal remote that came with my
DVR. It has worked in the past, and the remote still works on my
other devices (e.g., VCR, DVD, etc.).

Troy

Have you made sure the thing is still properly programmed? Maybe especially
if you've dropped it and the batteries have fallen out, or if you've changed
the batteries. For that matter, if the batteries are getting weak, that
also might cause the loss of the programming.

I have a universal remote that I use at times, and it seems it can
fall out of being programmed. At the very least, accidentally pressing
the wrong button might explain why I have to reprogram it.

I think this is more likely than the IR receiver, as someone else
also pointed out.

Michael