Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default liquid dish detergent into your concrete or stucco

On 12 Apr 2007 19:05:47 -0700, "Jack" wrote:

On Apr 12, 4:13 pm, " wrote:
Greetings,

I was told by a friend that you should always put a small amount of
liquid dish detergent into your concrete or stucco mix to make it more
workable with less water.

a) Does it actually make the mixture more workable?
b) Does it decrease the strength or increase the strength due to the
need for less water?
c) How much should you put in?
d) Anything else I should know? Perhaps it is against city code
because it isn't an "approved admixture", etc?

Just hoping for some verification or denial.

Thanks!

PS: I understand that you can purchase superplasticisers but that is
beyond the scope of many small projects such as rebuilding steps,
stuccoing a framed in porch, etc.

Pray tell me how some people come up with such hair brain ideas?

I can tell you. Stick with me here; the OP has a friend!!

--
Oren