Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default GFI plug

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:44:58 -0400, mm
wrote:

On 12 Apr 2007 06:46:46 -0700, "car crash"
wrote:

I just moved into a new house. I noticed in my powder room that there
is an outlet on the wall directly beside the sink. It does not appear
to be a GFI plug as it has no reset test buttons on it. Does an
outlet that close not have to be a GFI plug ?

This is the second initial post I've read today where sxomeone calls a
socket a plug.

People generally imitate each other without really thinking.

I've known that a plug is a MALE connector for a long time. I've heard
a lot of people say "plug" for the female things for just as long.

A plug has prongs or some male feature.

Some people do get their sex mixed up :-)
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."