Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Air Duct Cleaning ? Results ?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:06:13 +0000 (UTC), (Dave
Martindale) wrote:

Oren writes:

A careless bunch of workers. No more duct cleaning for hire. Seeing
the method, they used I can make the tool and do it IF I was ever
inclined to do so.

What does the tool look like? I've never seen it done, but I have
access to both compressed air and a shop vac. I know they drill small
holes in the duct for access, but not what they put through the holes.

Dave

What I saw, was a shop vac with an attachment on the end. Ball shaped;
able to filter and allow the dust into the vac (size may vary?).

Appears to be used, also to scrub the duct, as you move it back and
forth. My ducts were cleaned by removing the grill , shop vac back
and forth through the duct with the attachment.. They could only go so
far, so that adds to my thoughts - I can do this. Last time I moved
the washer/dryer I vac-out the dryer vent pipe of combustibles.

--
Oren