Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance house inspections

I keep my guns locked up also. I take them out regularly and teach my
children how to use them properly and safely. Proper gun control is
teaching
your children how to use them safely, how to hit what they aim at, and
when
to shoot and when not to shoot. *That* is how you prevent accidents.
Education, not laws, rules, and regulations.

That was long ago proven to be a fallacy. KIds who have been "taught to
use guns
safely" tend to think they know what they are doing, but they are too
young to
have the necessary judgement. Education in tis case, only gives a false
sense of
competency.

CWM

I do not believe this was ever proven to be a fallacy. As I child I was
taught to use a gun safely, and my own children know how to use a gun
safely. It is the responsibility of the adult to keep guns from children
that are not old enough to have the necessary judgement to use a gun safely,
just as it's the responsibility of gun owning adults to teach children gun
safety. And lastly, if the education gives a false sense of competency, the
education itself was faulty. Proper education does not give a false sense of
competency.

Education, not laws, rules, and regulations.