Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu is offline

Default Gable vent question....

chrisexv6 wrote:

My attic has a gable vent at one end... We have soffits in the house,
and I believe they allow plenty of intake air...

Is there any louver type setup that can be installed that would
basically open with the heat exiting the attic...

Sure. You might use a few 8"x12" $12 automatic foundation vents that
open their louvers when outdoor air is over 60 F and stay closed in
wintertime to keep the attic warmer and lower heat loss from the house.
A larger opening might have a single passive greenhouse sash vent, eg
a Thermofor or the $19 Harbor Freight equivalent.

Nick