Posted to alt.home.repair
longshot longshot is offline

Default Garage siding - exposed nails?

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On 12 Apr 2007 00:39:16 -0700, wrote:

On Apr 11, 10:37 pm, "Nate" wrote:
Hello,

I recently had a 26' x 26' standalone garage built, and am concerned
by how the siding was hung.

There are about 70-80 nails throughout the garage, poking through the
walls about 1 inch. The nails are sometimes directly between the
studs. There are instances of these nails from about 1 foot above the
floor all the way up to the ceiling joists.

Is this a common practice? I'm concerned about someone injuring
themselves, and I haven't seen this in any other garage I've been in.

Is there a building code that I can reference? If this is a common/
o.k. thing to do, what's the best way to cover these nails? I'm not
too eager to put drywall up, however.

Thanks,
--Nate

put up paneling or drywall on the inside of the walls