Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tlhiv tlhiv is offline

Default Replacement part for older TV

I have an older Magnavox 25TRC1 television, and I noticed that my
remote control no longer works. I don't have the original remote, but
I use a universal remote that came with my DVR. This remote has
always worked, and I think that the problem is inside the TV itself
since the remote works fine for my other devices. I've have had to
take the remote control sensor out of the TV several times throughout
the lifespan of the TV and clean it. I thought this was the problem
this time, but it doesn't seem to be. I think that the sensor has
finally gone bad.

Does anyone have any advise (short of buying a new TV) on how to make
this work? Perhaps someone knows where I can get a new sensor chip
for the TV.

Thanks,

Troy Henderson