Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS GregS is offline

Default Bridge rectifier replacement

In article . com, " wrote:
I have to replace a KBPC602 bridge rectifier. It is rated 200VRMS at
6.0 A. It is wired into the circuit using only the + and - terminals.
The AC connections are not used. If I were to build a bridge out of
four 6.0 amp 100V diodes, would I be able to directly replace this
device? Does the circuit basically require a 12.0A 200V device?
Conversely if I were to place four 3.0 amp 200V diodes in parallel
would that arrangement work also? Thanks. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.

Probably just fine. You loose the sinking unless you use tab diodes.

greg