Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Is condensing coil in duct work for air handler a DIY project

"Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC" wrote in message
I had a private repairman come over to fix the leak I have in my heating

coil. He said that he does
not do this work. I had previouslly asked if the heating coil replacement

was a DIY project. You
guys told me no.

New question. This new guy said that the problem is a "condensing coil in

duct work for air-handler"
for 1 of my zones. Is this a DIY project? He suggests a HVAC guy.

If it is not a DIY I will look for an HVAC guy.

What do you think?

What kind of leak and what kind of system is it? If it's a freon leak you
need a HVAC company with special equipment.